Friday, February 29, 2008

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake

So this was actually last week's dessert that I didn't make because I was sick. So I'm trying to play catch-up. This is from Simple & Delicious, which I have been loving. I just got my 2nd issue last week and there is like something on every page that I want to try. This recipe is from Jan/Feb 2008.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 pkg (18.25 oz) chocolate cake mix
1 1/4 cups water
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 cup (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips

Sprinkle marshmallows into a greased 13x9 baking dish. In a large mixing bowl (such as my kitchen aid mixer bowl), combine the cake mix, water, peanut butter, oil, and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour over marshmallows in pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake @ 350 for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.

So I'm sure I don't need to tell you that Steve loved this. The marshmallows all melted and made the cake very moist, so even though there is no frosting, there doesn't need to be because it's so moist. It was quite tasty. Jessica came over for lunch today and she had some too and she also liked it. So this one is a keeper. See you all soon!

No comments: