Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tangy Pork Chop Stuffing Bake

Hello. I have been faced with yet more difficulties posting recipes, this time due to illness. Sickest I've ever been as a grown-up. Seriously. So this one I made probably like a week and a half ago. I didn't really like it, but then, I was sick. So if you think it sounds good, you should make it, because I'm not the impartial taste/recipe taster that I usually am. It's from Kraft Food & Family winter 2008.

Tangy Pork Chop Stuffing Bake
6 bone-in pork chops (3 1/2 lbs)
1 pkg Stove Top stuffing mix for pork (not at the wal-mart. Had to get it @ Hannaford)
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
3/4 cup barbeque sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Cook chops in skillet on medium heat 5 minutes on each side or until browned on both sides. Meanwhile, prepare stuffing in large saucepan as directed on package. Place chops in 13x9 baking dish; set aside. Mix cranberry sauce, barbeque sauce, and brown sugar. Add to stuffing and mix lightly. Spoon evenly over chops. Bake 30 minutes or until chops are cooked through. 6 servings.

The lady featured in this recipe says it is a year round staple at their house. Well, it won't be here. But I guess it wasn't bad for a change. Steve-o and the kids love cranberry sauce so I thought they would like the stuffing, but Emma wouldn't even touch it. Sam lapped it up, though. So, there it is. Try it if you want. =)

No comments: