Friday, April 10, 2009

Peanut Butter S'more Tarts

Emma and I just made these and put them in the fridge. I have the time right now to type out the recipe while supper is simmering, so that's what I'm doing...I'll write reactions of them after we eat them. I have a 3-day weekend! Woot! So anyway these are from BH&G 5 IF.



Peanut Butter S'more Tarts
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups tiny marshmallows (I'm not sure if these are littler than mini marshmallows. I used the mini size)
1/2 cup chopped peanuts (I left these out since I'm the only one that likes them)
1 4 oz pkg (6) graham cracker crumb tart shells (less than $1 at the Wal-Mart)

In a small heavy saucepan (why does it have to be heavy? Whenever recipes tell you to melt chocolate, they always say heavy saucepan. I only have one weight of saucepan. I always use it and nothing bad has ever happened) melt chocolate chips over low heat until they melt. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Stir in marshmallows and peanuts. Spoon mixture into tart shells. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours (I am realizing as I type this that I did not cover them. Oops). Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.

So these were very simple to make. Sam said they were won-delicious. They were a little hard to eat because we didn't wait the full 30 minutes for them to warm up, but they were still good. Nathan said "I don't want that." And then Steve told him it was chocolate and marshmallows and Nathan said "chocolate yay!!" Emma also said it was delicious. These produced many crumbs, so be ready for that.

No comments: