Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sticky Buns

This is my friend Autumn's recipe. It is in the adoption fundraiser cookbook I've been going through. I have eaten these before at Autumn's house but never made them myself. So today was the day. It says to let them rise overnight, but I let them rise all day instead. I can't do breakfast stuff for breakfast, due to the fact I am NOT a morning person, at all. Even though you don't have to do anything but throw these in the oven...maybe I could do this one, then. But as my default setting, I let them rise all day and we had breakfast for supper, with eggs and sausage.

Sticky Buns
18-20 frozen dinner rolls
1 3 1/8 oz butterscotch pudding (not instant)
pecans
6 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon

Place pecans on bottom of greased bundt pan (I really wanted to use pecans but then nobody would like this but me. So, nuts omitted). Place frozen rolls on top. Sprinkle with dry pudding. Combine melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon and pour over pudding. Let rise overnight. Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Remove by placing plate over bundt pan and turning over. Cool 10 minutes before serving.

The kids were so excited about these! When they were rising on the counter, they didn't look like much. Sam said "what ARE you doing with those?" I just said "you'll see." When they came out of the oven they just looked like regular rolls. But when I turned them out onto the plate they looked fabulous! Nathan saw it and ran for his siblings "COME SEE WHAT MOM MADE!!" I've never made monkey bread but Steve thought that's what it was. The sauce wasn't drippy at all (I assume because of the pudding mix) so they were very sticky on your fingers, but the sauce didn't drip everywhere. A very yummy addition.

No comments: