Saturday, September 7, 2013

Maple Bacon Oven Pancake

We had this for supper last week, and I haven't had a chance to post.  It sounded really good on paper.  It wasn't really what I was expecting, but it was okay.  From Southern Living.

Maple Bacon Oven Pancake
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups Bisquick
1 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth (I just used a wire whisk).  Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.  Pour into greased 9x13 baking dish.  Bake at 425 for 12 minutes.  Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and bacon (as you can see from my picture, there are those here that do not like cheese or bacon, so I sprinkled accordingly); bake 3-5 more minutes or until toothpick comes back clean.  Cut into squares and serve with maple syrup.

We had this with yogurt and fruit.  It was okay.  Not something we'll have again, though.  I like regular pancakes with bacon on the side better, I guess...

No comments: