Thursday, September 6, 2007

Sweet Citrus Chicken

Hello! This is what we had for dinner last night. It's from Kraft Food & Family Spring 2007 magazine. It was good. One more recipe in this one, then it's on to my next conquest...

Sweet Citrus Chicken
1 2/3 cups hot water
1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for chicken (I used the store brand, but I shouldn't have. I could definitely tell the difference)
6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp butter or margarine, melted

Preheat oven to 400. Add hot water to stuffing mix; stir just until moistened, set aside. Place chicken in 13x9 baking dish. Mix juice, sugar, and butter until well blended, pour over chicken. Top w/ prepared stuffing. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (mine just took the 30 minutes). Makes 6 servings.

This was good. I think the OJ & brown sugar actually flavored the stuffing more than it did the chicken, but it was still good. Some of the stuffing on the bottom near the chicken was a bit soggy, so that wasn't too good there. But Sam said the stuffing was his favorite part. Emma was having an off day and didn't even want to eat her chicken, which she usually eats without complaint. But we made her. And Steve loved it and took the rest to work today for leftovers. I thought it was good, too. I have been using "good" a lot in this description, I am just realizing. Well that is because it was good, but not great. But I am going to keep this one because it just uses basic ingredients and will be good like near the end of the 2 weeks right before payday. Hope you have a great day and talk to you soon!!

No comments: