Tuesday, September 4, 2007

One-Pan Pork Roast with Parmesan Fries

Hi girls! Last night this is what we had. I doubled the recipe and gave half to the family we were making a meal for. It came out very tasty. I hope they liked it...I told her I was going to call and apologize if it was awful, but it was actually good. It's from the Kraft Food & Family Spring 2007 magazine.

One-Pan Pork Roast with Parmesan Fries
1 egg white, lightly beaten (I ran out of eggs this weekend so I used melted butter...probably way worse for you but very tasty)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic salt, divided
3 medium potatoes, cut into wedges
1 lb pork tenderloin
2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette dressing
1 tbsp honey

Preheat oven to 425. Combine egg white (or melted butter), cheese, and 3/4 tsp of garlic salt. Add to potatoes, toss to coat. Spread onto large greased baking sheet (I didn't grease it since I used butter. I thought that was enough. It was.) Bake 15 minutes. Place meat on same baking sheet, next to potatoes, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp garlic salt. Bake an additional 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine dressing and honey. Brush meat w/ dressing mixture. Continue baking 10-15 minutes or until meat is cooked through (mine took like 25 minutes) and potatoes are tender, brushing meat occasionally w/ any remaining dressing mixture. Makes 4 servings (we had none left over, even with two little people).

Steve loved this. I asked him if it was "make again", and he said it was "make often." I told him pork tenderloin is too expensive to "make often." He said, well what about the potatoes. I said those were doable. The kids liked it, too (even Emma). So this one's a keeper. Talk to you guys soon!!

No comments: