Friday, August 22, 2008

Lemon Chicken

So I have finally finished the recipes I wanted from the March/April Simple & Delicious, and have moved on to the May/June issue...and my Sept/Oct just came 2 days ago! I can not catch up...maybe I will have to up the number of recipes I make in a week, like 3 in 2 weeks instead of 2...but I'm sure Duke Frugal would not approve the budget increase =) Hee hee...So anyway this is the first one from the May/June, which we had last night.

Lemon Chicken
1/3 cup biscuit mix
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/3 cups lemon pie filling (which ended up being almost a whole can)
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce

In a lg ziploc bag, combine biscuit mix, seasoned salt, and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in the olive oil on both sides; drain. Transfer to a 13x9 baking dish. In a bowl, combine the pie filling, water, vinegar, and soy sauce; pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, @ 375 for 40-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.

So this was just okay. It caught my interest because of the lemon pie filling. But it wasn't anything fabulous. The kids all ate it (except Nathan) and we did, too, but it just wasn't anything spectacular. So I won't be saving this recipe, since I have so many more recipes for chicken that we just love. But it was interesting anyway for a change. My dad would say, let's not have this again real soon.

No comments: