Sunday, June 21, 2009

Peanut Butter & Fudge Swirl Pie

This is what we had for dessert after the soup. It's from the latest Kraft Food & Family, summer 2009.

Peanut Butter & Fudge Swirl Pie
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups thawed cool whip
1 oreo pie crust (couldn't find this at Wal-mart or Hannaford either...I used graham cracker)
1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping (I didn't want to pay $4 for a jar of hot fudge that I only needed 1/4 cup of, when I always have chocolate syrup on hand for chocolate milk, so...I used chocolate syrup)

Beat cream cheese, sugar, and peanut butter in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in cool whip until blended. Spoon into crust; drizzle with fudge topping. Swirl gently with knife. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.

This ended up being just the right size for 4 adults and 4 kids. We all liked ours. Nathan and Jordan each had a couple of bites then left the table. Sam ate their leftovers plus his. Emma ate hers. So I think this was a good one. Have to make it again when Steve gets home since he likes all things peanut butter.

1 comment:

kelizzle/johnnyred said...

Hey, made this for a friend who had a baby. Very easy which is good I am no baker. She loved it! SO thanks again.