Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ginger Sesame Chicken

We had this last night. It was remarkably similar to the recipe we had last week. Oh well. They were both good. This one is from Simple & Delicious July/August 2009.

Ginger Sesame Chicken
1 tbsp cornstarch
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp maple syrup
4 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
Hot cooked rice

In a small bowl, combine first seven ingredients until blended; set aside. In a large skillet or wok (maybe these things are more popular than I realized), stir-fry chicken in 1 tbsp oil for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir fry green pepper and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. 4 servings

Instead of green pepper and onion, I made this with the rest of the stir fry vegetables from last week. Probably why these two recipes seemed so similar to me. I gave just chicken to Nathan & Emma, they both ate all the chicken so that was definitely good. For Sam, I made his just like I made ours: rice, topped with the chicken and vegetables. He was like "broccoli????" I told him to pick around it like I was going to do. He traded his broccoli to Steve for sugar snap peas. Then he ate all that was on his plate. So overall this was a good one. Another keeper.

1 comment:

NewRecipeNight said...

please do...I would love feedback from more than just Steve who will eat anything and my kids who eat almost nothing (at least it seems that way on some days!)