Thursday, October 20, 2011

Texas Stir Fry

My friend Lisa Norsworthy gave me this recipe. She knows I am part Mexican at heart, and she thought I would like it. She even thoughtfully wrote it on a recipe card for me! That was a nice touch. This is another one, like Taco Pasta from last week, that I've had in my book for a few weeks, waiting for the right time. Because I am OCD about meal planning and meat buying. But that's a tale for another day.

Texas Stir Fry
1 tbsp oil
1 pork tenderloin cut into thin strips
1-2 tbsp chili powder
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup chopped cilantro
1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half (I used a can of diced tomatoes instead)
1 can corn, drained (I used 1 1/2 cups frozen corn)
1/4 tsp salt
Hot cooked rice

Coat the meat with chili powder, then stir fry til done. Remove from pan to bowl. Stir fry onions and garlic for 30 seconds, then add remaining ingredients. Stir fry for a couple minutes, then add pork back and heat through. Serve over rice.

Easy and so so yummy. Next time I will coat the meat with chili powder and salt, since that's the only thing I noticed. Needed a bit more salt. But I am a sodiumaholic. So you might think it's fine. But the 1/4 tsp of salt you're supposed to add, just do it with the chili powder instead of waiting til the end. If you want. I will definitely make this again. It smelled great, the meat was tender, the veggies with it were so yummy! Thanks for sharing with me Lisa!!

No comments: