Monday, February 11, 2013

French Onion Pan Rolls

We had this with a tried and true soup recipe that my kids always love (Farmhouse Ham Chowder).  I still have a lot of that frozen bread dough from a friend, so these recipes are a good way to use it.  From Simple & Delicious.

French Onion Pan Rolls
2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/2 cup butter, melted

Divide dough into 20 portions on a lightly floured surface; shape each into a ball (fun for the kids to help with, as long as they have not recently been petting cats).  Combine cheese and soup mix in a small bowl.  Roll each dough ball in butter, then roll in the cheese mixture.  Arrange in greased 9x13 baking dish.  Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.  Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from dish to wire racks.

I knew Nathan wouldn't like these so I left two out for him without any "stuff" on them.  Everyone else thought these were great.  I probably didn't need to/shouldn't have split them and spread more butter on the insides, but that's what I did.  Very yummy and easy too.  Also I used wheat bread dough, which isn't always as popular, so the added ingredients helped.  Not that these are healthy by any stretch.  But unhealthy plus fiber is better than unhealthy without it  =o)

No comments: