Thursday, October 22, 2015

Luau Ribs

This is what we had for supper tonight.  It came out of the Church Potluck cookbook my mom gave me that I've been working through.  We don't have ribs too often, because they are pretty fatty.  And a tad expensive.  But once in a while.  And, now that it's fall, it's okay to have the oven on for two hours without smoking anyone out.  We had this with mashed potatoes and green beans from a can (one of my guilty pleasures).  This picture isn't great.  But listen, I'm a nurse, not a photographer.  I think it looks pretty yummy...but I don't think any cooking magazines will be calling me for my photography skills any time soon.



Luau Ribs
2 jars (4.5 oz each) peach baby food
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/3 cup vinegar (didn't say what kind but I assumed white)
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt (I used sea salt because I love it now)
2 tsp ginger
dash pepper
4 lbs meaty spare ribs

For sauce, combine all ingredients except ribs.

Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper.  Place ribs in a shallow foil-lined pan.  Bake for 15 minutes at 450.  Spoon off fat.  Pour sauce over ribs.  Continue baking at 350 for 1 1/2 hours or until done.

See how easy?  And, this is GF as long as you use GF soy sauce, which is a stupid ingredient to have wheat in anyway.  We had some of the sauce spooned over the potatoes and sprinkled with some extra sea salt and mmmmmmmmm.  Everyone liked this.  Nathan got to have his own sharp knife for the first time, which he enjoyed very much (perhaps more than the meat itself).  Easy and everyone liked it.  I'm sure we'll have this again.

No comments: