Saturday, February 18, 2017

Peanut Butter Squares

Nathan made these yesterday for home fellowship, and I only helped a couple of times in the middle (I'll tell you when).  These are no-bake, and they were very fast and easy to make.  And, they all got eaten at home fellowship, which means everybody liked them.  This recipe is from America's Best Recipes: Comfort Food (my Christmas cookbook from my mom).

Peanut Butter Squares
4 cups powdered sugar
1 2/3 cups crushed graham crackers or graham cracker crumbs
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted

Stir together first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl (will be very thick...we added the powdered sugar last, and after the second cup of powdered sugar, I had to take over stirring).  Firmly press mixture into an ungreased 9x13 pan.




Spread melted chocolate evenly over cookie layer (this was the other part I had to help with, because it was a pretty thin layer).

Let stand at room temperature 2 hours before cutting into bars.
So, next time I will use the kitchen aid to mix the peanut butter layer.  But you should feel my right arm bicep right now, because it got quite a work out.  Easy, and from what I hear, yummy, so we'll have them again.

I did have some GF graham cracker crumbs, but I decided not to try it (this time) because of the texture.  The ones I have are more like wet sand, and I wasn't sure how the texture would be, especially because these weren't going to be baked.  Maybe I'll experiment with a half batch next time.


No comments: