Saturday, March 25, 2017

St Patrick's Day Punch

I should have posted this sooner.  But I've been busy.  Nobody's going to make this until next year (if at all) but I'm going to post it anyway.  We had home fellowship at our house on Friday, which was actual St Paddy's day...because making a 24-layer cake wasn't enough work for ourselves.  But I saw this in Simple & Delicious and figured "now or never."  Once I make a decision I am pretty stubborn about changing it.  So even though they didn't have just green sherbet at Hannaford and I had to buy 3-colored sherbet, that's what I did.  Also because it was so busy, I didn't take a picture of the punch, just these cute cups that people could drink it out of, designed by my friend's daughter.

St Patrick's Day Punch
1 qt lime sherbet, softened
1/2 cup limeade concentrate, thawed
2 tbsp sugar (I left this out, because come on now...why do we need more sugar in this??)
24 oz chilled Sprite
1-2 cups ice, crushed

Combine all ingredients and serve. 

I made this in the blender, because I threw ice cubes in the blender first, then threw everything else in.  It had a lovely light green color.  One of the cute kiddos asked me to make more.  So that's a good sign, but I didn't make more, even though I had enough ingredients to.  Because that's too much sugar, you crazy kids.

No comments: