Monday, March 31, 2008

Kielbasa Bow Tie Skillet

We had this one last week. Crazy. I have not been able to sit down here long enough to put it in. It was quite good. I like almost anything with kielbasa, even though I usually have indigestion afterword, it tastes so yummy that I don't mind. And, it even has sugar snap peas in it, which I made, and ATE. I thought I would just try one to be a good example, but they really taste more like green beans. I will not say that I liked them, but that I didn't hate them. So that is progress.

Kielbasa Bow Tie Skillet
8 oz uncooked bow tie pasta
1 pound fully cooked kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 jar (4 1/2 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained (I left these out)
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Cook pasta according to pkg directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the sausage, mushrooms, and garlic in butter. Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture. Stir in the peas and cheese; cook until cheese is melted. 4 servings.

So everybody liked various parts of this. Steve & I ate all of it; the kids each had their favorite parts. Emma didn't like the peas although she did have two bites. I tried to tell them it was like macaroni and cheese and hot dogs but they weren't buying it. Sam did eat his, though. So we're keeping this one.

No comments: