Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Turkey Burgers with Cranberry Sauce

Well, this is the last recipe from my sister's cookbook (BH & G 365 Last Minute Meals, except for a soup one I want to try in the fall. Even though we haven't had much of a summer I still can't bring myself to make soup during it. This one I wanted to try because I thought it would be like Thanksgiving in a sandwich. And it was pretty good.

Turkey Burgers with Cranberry Sauce
1/3 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix, crushed (I used Great Value Turkey stuffing mix)
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp sage, crushed (I didn't have any sage so ended up using poultry seasoning)
1/4 tsp salt
1 pound uncooked ground turkey
Lettuce leaves (I left these out because I didn't have any)
4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce (I used the jellied kind because none of us likes whole berry)

Preheat broiler. In a large bowl combine stuffing mix, milk, sage, and salt. Add ground turkey; mix well. Shape into 4 1/2 inch patties. Place patties on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 11 to 13 minutes or until temp reaches 165, turning once halfway through broiling. Arrange lettuce leaves on bottom halves of buns. Top with patties and cranberry sauce. Add top halves of buns. 4 servings

EVERYONE ATE THIS!!!! I didn't put Nathan's and Emma's in a bun, I just cut it up on their plates and told them it was chicken. They ate a lot of it! Sam's I made as a sandwich just like ours. Everyone liked this because we love cranberry sauce so much. Emma had her sauce on the side. Nathan didn't want any sauce. He doesn't like it, he says. I think he will, in time. I think next time I will make stuffing to go as a side dish. We had it with curly fries and it wasn't really a good fit. A keeper for sure...also I was pleasantly surprised that ground turkey wasn't more expensive...I forget how much it was (I should try to remember these things so I can accurately report them to you, my readership), but I remember being like "Oh. That's good." So if you want a change from the ordinary these would be good. Cheap, tasty, yummy.

1 comment:

Jill said...

this sounds SO good!! I love fall-flavored foods, and this looks like one!