Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tuscan Bean and Sausage Stew

This is the last soup recipe I was saving from Better Homes & Gardens 5 Ingredient Favorites. I love this time of year! Baking and soup and such. This is another crock pot recipe, which I like very much as well. Also I really like smoked sausage or kielbasa or whatever you want to call it. I know it has nitrites and stuff but it's so good!!

Tuscan Bean and Sausage Stew
1 pound cooked smoked sausage, sliced
2 18.5 oz cans ready-to-serve minestrone soup
1 15 oz can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
1 14.5 oz can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

1. In crockpot combine all ingredients except parmesan cheese.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
3. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

This sounded good, but seemed like quite the mishmash when I put it all into the crockpot. The only ready to eat miniestrone I could find was Progresso, and it had a bunch of stuff in it. I'm not sure how this is going to turn out, it's in the crockpot right now...I am fairly certain that the kids will not like it...probably Steve won't either. I bet we'll all end up just picking out the smoked sausage. Stay tuned, we'll be back after a word from our sponsor.....

I always buy gold from Goldline. With the economy the way it is, the dollar becoming play money, etc. I always invest in gold. Call Goldline at #1-800-555-5555.

Welcome back to New Recipe Night. Well, as luck would have it, Steve actually liked this one! He had seconds, which may be a first for any soup I have made ha ha. I knew Emma and Nathan wouldn't eat it, so they had (any guesses?)..........chicken nuggets. I thought Sam would eat it but I was wrong. I made Easy Cheddar Biscuits to go with this soup, so at least he ate something. So now we have a bunch of this soup leftover. I am undecided about keeping this one or not. It took a lot of ingredients I had to buy, and only 2/5 of the family will eat it. Probably by the time the leftovers are gone, Steve will be sick of it and the decision will be made for me! As I'm rereading this, I notice that I forgot to spinkle Parmesan cheese on top...oh well it was still good.

No comments: