Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Amanda's Cookies

I got this recipe from my friend Amanda. Of course she does not call them this, she has some longer name for them. But this is how they will be known to me. Yesterday I was dropping off Amanda's Tupperware order from Autumn's party (you should totally have a Tupperware party--my consultant is Rebecca Coffin, you should friend her on facebook). Amanda had been baking all afternoon, so as to send some cookies to a member of our Armed Forces in Hawaii (gulp--she paid $14 to overnight the box--this is serious dedication!!). When I got to her house, she offered me some cookies. I took 4. I ate one, gave one to Samuel, and saved the other two for Steve. The one I ate was very very good. So I asked her for the recipe. So here is her recipe. And her prep instructions.

Amanda's Cookies
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup quick oats
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 oz chips (chocolate, peanut butter, or combination)

Heat oven to 350. Throw everything in your Kitchen Aid mixer. Scoop them onto cookie sheets with the medium Pampered Chef cookie scoop (incidentally, I also have a great Pampered Chef consultant--Jen Cyr) and flatten slightly with the back of the spatula you are using to scoop the cookies off when they're done (in my case I use the small PC spatula). Bake (and here I can't remember exactly what she said, I wrote down everything but that...) 8-10 minutes.

These are so so good. The perfect combination of everything. You should definitely make these.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She calls them "Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies", because they are.