Monday, November 22, 2010

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Yesterday morning we had almost nothing for breakfast. It was very sad. I had to eat Tiffany's cookies. Boo hoo. The kids had yogurt. We had no bread made, no granola bars, etc. So yesterday I thought I would make muffins so we could have some for breakfast this week. Nathan does not like blueberry muffins, so I asked him what kind he would like, and he said "chocolate chip!" So I found this recipe for chocolate chip muffins on Tasteofhome.com. I did look at allrecipes.com first, but I don't like that anybody can post anything they want on there. The first few recipes I made had very mixed reviews, so then I thought I would go to trust Taste of Home, since those recipes are all tested first before they're published. So, here is the link to the recipe. Blogspot won't let you copy and paste, and I don't want to click back and forth 100 times to copy the recipe, so here is the link:

www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Chocolate-Chip-Muffins

What do you think happened when I made this, especially for my little boy? He didn't like them. I thought they were great. Easy. Sam & Emma liked them. Nathan did not. He took one little tiny nibble, and said "I don't like them." I said, in frustration, "you don't like ANYTHING!" He said, "yes I do, I like chicken nuggets." I told him I couldn't make muffins with chicken nuggets. About 3 hours later, he did eat half of one of the muffins, then said, "Mommy, this was da-lish-ish but I don't want to finish it." Fine Nathan, throw it away. So I guess next time I will make whatever kind of muffins I want without regard to our pickiest eater, if he's not going to eat them anyway. That being said, this was a good recipe, and I will keep it. Steve probably will like them too, he just hasn't had any yet.

No comments: