Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

What a long name for cookies. I guess you can figure out what's in them, ha ha. I had every intention of making these as part of my Christmas baking line-up, but then for some reason never made them. I guess I wanted to stick to tried and true favorites for the season. Or something. Anyway these came from Oct/Nov '09 Taste of Home I had been working through, but it's actually not a TOH recipe, it's an Ocean Spray ad in the magazine. But they looked really good. Nathan is crazy about what he calls "white chips," and not so crazy about oatmeal. I thought I could make them and maybe he would eat them. Also I told him the cranberries were red raisins.

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (as opposed to quick oats, which are, apparently, new fashioned)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 6 oz pkg original craisins (as opposed to flavored ones, which they do have...orange flavored, etc)
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips

Preheat oven to 375. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to butter mixture slowly, mixing well. Stir in cranberries and white chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Makes approx 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

For once, their estimate on their yield was correct. Usually it will say something crazy like "6 dozen" and to get that amount you have to make the cookies the size of a quarter. These were really quick to throw together. Everyone except Nathan really liked them (of course). So it's a keeper. It's already in my keeper book, even.

No comments: