Saturday, March 12, 2011

Parmesan Baked Chicken

We had this a few nights ago. It sounded easy, which I always go for. Especially on the nights that I am soooo sleepy due to having worked the night before. We had this with Buttered Cheese Noodles, which you can find under Meatless (I think), and carrots. Another one from Simple & Delicious Feb/March 2011. This was a good one.

Parmesan Baked Chicken
1 cup Bisquick (I was just going to use flour and not buy this...turns out I had some in the cupboard anyway)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-4 lbs), cut up (I will just remind you that you can buy chickens that have already been cut up)
1/4 cup butter, melted

In a large ziploc bag, combine Bisquick, cheese, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.

Drizzle butter into a 15x10 inch baking pan. Place chicken, skin side down, in pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear.

This was very good. I think chicken skin is gross and I don't like to eat it, but cooking the chicken with the skin on made it very moist. So I'll keep this one because it was so so easy.

No comments: