Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cheddar & Bacon Burgers

We had these last night on the George Foreman grill, which I love. Have I mentioned it has removable plates you can throw in the dishwasher? Well it does. This is one of those recipes where you think to yourself, why didn't I think of that?? So easy and so good. From Simple & Delicious.

Cheddar & Bacon Burgers
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used cheddar/jack because I had some left from another recipe)
1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon (near the salad dressings you can buy bacon crumbles so you don't even have to cook your own bacon)
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 lbs ground beef
8 hamburger buns
Lettuce & tomato slices

Combine first four ingredients in large bowl. Shape into 8 patties. Put them on your Foreman grill until thermometer reads 160. Also you could make these under the broiler, but you have to flip them after 5 minutes or so. Serve on buns w/ lettuce and tomato.

We had ours with barbecue sauce on top. See how easy that is? Why have I never thought to put the bacon and the cheese right in there with the meat? And they tasted fabulous. Only Nathan didn't like his. Definitely saving this one. So so so so good. I only used 4 burgers last night, so I froze the other four to have for another meal soon! I can't wait to eat them hee hee.

No comments: