Friday, July 6, 2012

S'mores on a Stick

Right now it's summer, so you can just go outside and make a campfire and have smores whenever you want them.  But in a minute (seemingly) it will be fall/winter/spring and you won't have that chance.  So this will be a good recipe in like February when you despair of ever seeing the sun again.  But since it came in this issue of Kraft Food & Family, I made it today, for home fellowship.

S'mores on a Stick
4 squares semi-sweet chocolate, melted (only use 2 if using regular-sized mallows)
12 jumbo marshmallows or 16 regular-sized marshmallows
3 graham crackers, crushed into fine crumbs

Dip top halves of marshmallows into melted chocolate; coat with graham cracker crumbs.  Insert lollipop stick into coated side of each marshmallow; place on waxed paper-lined tray.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

I got 20 done, and I had more marshmallows and sticks left so I could have made more but I would have had to melt more chocolate and I ran out of steam.  But that is enough for the size of our gathering (I hope...).  Nathan helped me make these and he had a lot of fun with it.  It was very easy and only a little bit messy.  In the picture accompanying this recipe, the undipped parts of the marshmallows are toasted, and they give the helpful tip "get the ultimate campfire experience: toast tops over stove top or grill before serving."  Toasting these on the stove top seems like a Fire Invitation.  Maybe I only feel that way because I have an electric stove, but I just don't picture that working out very well.  Our tops remained untoasted...

No comments: