Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pineapple Glazed Pork Chops

Only 4 more recipes to go from Back of the Box!  2 of them are pork chop recipes, and I am making both of them this week, because I want to finish the book. Another one is a dessert recipe I'm going to make for home fellowship.  And then the last one is for spiced pumpkin muffins, which I am going to make even though I will likely be the only one that eats them.We had this recipe on Monday but then I worked Monday & Tuesday nights so I haven't had a chance to post it yet...Sam wanted to help with dinner last night, and he actually did a lot of it.  The featured ingredient is the pineapple.

Pineapple Glazed Pork Chops
1 tbsp butter
1 clove garlic, minced
4 pork chops (I used boneless but it doesn't specify)
1 8-oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
1/2 cup apple jelly
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp water
1 tsp cornstarch

Brown chops with garlic in butter in large skillet.  Remove chops from skillet; spoon off fat.  Add pineapple, jelly, cinnamon, and ginger to the skillet.  Cook over medium heat until jelly melts.  Return chops to skillet; spoon sauce over chops.  Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chops are no longer pink in the center.  Remove chops to serving platter; keep warm.  Stir together water and cornstarch; add to skillet.  Cook, stirring, until thickened.  Spoon sauce over chops.

So this was pretty good.  I wasn't planning to thicken the sauce, because it's an extra step and I thought it wouldn't matter, but then I decided to and I'm glad I did.  It was more the consistency of applesauce after it was thickened, and it was very tasty.  Nathan had no sauce on his, and liked the meat by itself.  The rest of us liked the sauce on the meat.  We had this with Stove Top stuffing and carrots.  I'll keep it.

No comments: