Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Last recipe from this cookbook!  Can I get a woot woot?  I brought these to take into work tonight, since nobody here really likes pumpkin.  Of course I opened a can of pumpkin for the sake of the 1/2 cup this recipe calls for, and it was a Sam's Club size can of pumpkin, too, so now I have like 3 more cups to use up, but I think I can manage that. 

Pumpkin Spice Muffins
2 cups flour (I used 1 cup white and 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup buttermilk (who has that laying around?  Put 1 tsp lemon juice in measuring cup and then fill to 1/3 cup mark)
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 400.  Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or insert paper liners.  Stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and ginger.  In separate bowl combine butter, pumpkin, buttermilk and eggs.  Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.  Spoon into muffin pan.  Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.  Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.

Okay so I tried one of the muffins that broke when I took it out of the muffin pan (I only had 7 cupcake papers left, so 5 of the muffins had none, and 1 broke really bad when I took it out of the muffin pan).  It was good and moist, but didn't taste very pumpkin-y.  But I will still bring them to work, with some butter (real butter that melts on muffins mmmmmmm).

No comments: