Thursday, July 18, 2013

Cherry-Glazed Chicken with Toasted Pecans

Second recipe this week with both cherries and pecans.  I am on a roll.  This once came from Simple & Delicious, and indeed, it sounded very simple, which I appreciate.  I don't mind complicated recipes, if I'm in the mood and it's not 95 degrees out.  I did have to have the oven on for this, but I didn't have to be in the kitchen once I threw it in there, so it was fine.



Cherry-Glazed Chicken with Toasted Pecans
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
3/4 cup cherry preserves (I used Polaner All Fruit)
1 tsp onion powder
2 oz fontina cheese, thinly sliced (I used provolone, since I didn't see fontina at Walmart...and why would I?  I was at Walmart...I used my smart phone right there in the store to see what a good substitute was)
2 tbsp chopped pecans, toasted

Preheat oven to 375.  Place chicken in an ungreased 11x7 baking dish (I did spray it with cooking spray because sugary things stick to dishes when they cook...).  Top with preserves; sprinkle with onion powder.  Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until 165 degrees.

Top with cheese; bake 4-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.  Sprinkle with pecans.

Of course I liked this one.  I left one piece of chicken plain, with no cheese or nuts, and scraped the preserves off, for Nathan.  He liked it.  I didn't put any pecans on Emma's...she still didn't like it.  Sam had everything on his, and he didn't really like it (but he did eat it because he's awesome like that).  Steve and I both thought it was great!  Alas, I cook for everyone, not just he and I, so I won't be making this one again, at least not anytime soon.

No comments: