Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Cranberry Apricot Chicken

We had this for dinner last night.  We had a friend over who eats Paleo (for the uninformed, which I was until recently, it basically means no grains at all...so no gluten [which I'm pretty adept at by now], but also no rice, no corn, no oatmeal...just meat, dairy, fruits, and veggies...) and I already was planning to make this one later in the week but bumped it up to last night.  We had this with homemade potato wedges and green beans.  It's from the Simple & Delicious I've been working through.

Cranberry Apricot Chicken
1 ½ lbs chicken tenderloins (I used boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into 3 or 4 strips each)
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
¾ cup chicken broth
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup apricot preserves
1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (I always like to use less vinegar...the recipe says 2 tbsp but I only used 1)

Sprinkle chicken with salt.  Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the chicken on both sides.  Remove from pan.

Add onion to same pan; cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until tender.  Stir in chicken broth, cranberries, preserves, and vinegar; bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until slightly reduced. 




Return chicken to pan; cook, uncovered, 4-6 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink, turning chicken halfway through cooking time.

Looks yummy right?  The wedges were actually SO good.  The chicken was too.  There was a lot of sauce which I think would have been yummy over rice, too, if you are not eating with any Paleo people.  This was an easy one and yummy too so we'll have this one again, I'm sure.

No comments: