Friday, June 3, 2016

Spice-Rubbed Chicken Thighs

No picture for this one!  Sorry...I made this the night before we went to Boston for my son's surgery so I had 1,000 other things on my mind and forgot to take a picture.  But it was good so I'm sharing now that we're back (and everything went great in Boston).  My parents came over to eat with us too, and that was a spur-of-the-moment invite, so we had enough pasta salad and green beans to go around, but our servings of chicken were a bit skimpy.  But still everyone said it was good, even if we didn't have great quantities haha.  It's from the June/July 2016 Simple & Delicious.

Spice-Rubbed Chicken Thighs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp pepper
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs

In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients.  Rub onto chicken.

On a greased grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken reaches 170*.

See how easy?  I made this on the broiler, but it could easily have gone on the grill if Steve was grilling (which he wasn't...but he will be soon).  Also it could have gone on my George Foreman grill.  But this day, the broiler pan seemed like the easiest option.  Very easy, very yummy.  We'll have it again, I'm sure.

No comments: