Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Cheater Chicken Pot Pie

Hello all (okay it's just you two. but it sounds nice). Back by popular demand is the New Recipe Night Newsletter. Mostly because I had a minute and last night was pretty good. So without further adooo
Cheater Chicken Pot Pie
2 9-inch pie crusts (of course I used store bought)
1 10 oz can of chunk chicken, drained
1 15 oz can of vegetables, drained (I used corn)
1 2.8 oz can of french fried onions (or, buy the big can and eat the rest while pie is baking)
2 10 3/4 oz cans of cream of chicken soup
1/4 tsp salt (I know you're thinking, why add more salt? Not sure, but I did)
Layer one pie crust in bottom of 9 inch pie plate (not deep dish). Mix all other ingredients in separate bowl and fill pie crust. Layer 2nd crust on top (by this point I know you are thinking "Duh"). Cut some slits in the top. Bake @ 375 for 40 minutes.
This was pretty darn good, but sodium city. I guess it would be good if you had a hankerin for pot pie but no left-overs. Or if Marden's had a flippin' sweet sale on canned chicken and you needed a way to use it besides chicken salad. Anyway, next time I make it I'm going to try using chicken gravy instead of the soup and see how it is. All in all, pretty good.
Do you think I should have my own blog site called new recipe night? I feel I have a lot to contribute to the doleful housewife who is tired of the same old same old. At least that's why I started doing New Recipe Night at home anyway. Maybe it would take off into things like Today show appearances and such. Or Rachael Ray. At least I know I would get 2 hits per week =). Have a great day you two and talk to you soon!!

2 comments:

magnantgirl said...

I am trying the tomorrow night my "get out of the way Rachael Ray" friend! You are going to surpass her soon! Next we need a live video blog of you cooking so we can see your techniques! :)

Jess said...

GRIN Just found your blog from the Haiti one... I'll be popping in again.

Grace and Peace
Jess H.