Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sweet Aromatic Chicken

Okay so last night we had the above mentioned recipe. I made it in the crock pot. Lisa gave me a crock pot cookbook for my birthday last year and I have been working through it, two recipes a month (since I do one a week, or two per paycheck, one recipe in each "pay period" has been a crock pot recipe. Now you know way more than you needed to about my seeeestem). Only one more to go in there after this one. Anyway we were gone all day between swimming and play date w/ the Coffins, plus it was stinkin hot, so I only made tater tots in the toaster oven to go with this, but I think it would have been better with one of those commercial Chinese rice thingies, like Rice a roni oriental or something. Because the chicken tasted very chinese buffet. And it smelled awesome once I got home. So here's the recipe:
Sweet Aromatic Chicken
1/2 cup coconut milk (not as expensive as I expected...$1.12 for a can the same size as a can of green beans)
1/2 cup water
8 chicken thighs, skinned (I only had 5. But that's okay)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/8 tsp ground cloves
2 garlic cloves, minced (I always use the minced garlic in a jar that they have over by the fresh produce)
Combine coconut milk and water, pour into greased slow cooker (or use a crock-pot liner. I always do). Add remaining ingredients in order listed. Cover, cook on low 5-6 hours. And if either of you want to try this, I still have a whole can of coconut milk (minus 1/2 cup) in my fridge that I'll probably keep for a few more days. Probably neither of you will want to, but the offer's out there.
As a side note, Steve was reading the emails from last week's new recipe (snooper) and saw the idea for a blogspot (which I was half kidding about) and it totally all over it. So pretty soon I will have one and that will be fun. Stay tuned for the full story at 11.
Talk to you guys later!!

No comments: