Monday, July 30, 2007

Ginger Crinkle Cookies

Hi guys! I made these cookies yesterday and they came out so good! They look and taste just like pepperidge farm or something. And Steve said that, too, not just me, so I'm not being prideful. This is from that same cookbook I've been working through, the Best of the Best one, and this one is from North Carolina, too.

Ginger Crinkle Cookies
2/3 cup oil
1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
1 egg
4 tbsp molasses
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger

Mix oil and 1 cup of sugar thoroughly. Add egg and mix well. Add molasses. In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients together, then add to creamed mixture (it was very thick, hard to stir). Drop by teaspoonfuls into remaining 1/4 cup sugar (I didn't think this would be enough but it was) and roll into balls coated with sugar. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cookies will flatten and crinkle as they cool. Remove to wire rack. Makes 5 dozen (well that is a lie because mine only made 2 1/2 dozen. If you wanted to get 5 dozen cookies out of this they would have to be like quarter sized cookies or something. So next time I make these I probably will do a double batch to make it worth my time).

Sam, Steve, and I all liked these. And since they are non-dairy, even little Nathan had two bites. But, and this may shock you, Emma didn't like them. Said they were too spicy. Which they do have a little bite to them, but they are supposed to. There is a character on Strawberry Shortcake named Ginger Snap, and I told her that's what kind of cookies these were. That made her try them, but it didn't make her like them. Oh well.

Even though I made these cookies like twice as big as they were supposed to be, still they were done in the same amount of time (15 minutes). And they were quite easy to make. And yummy. So we'll count this as a keeper

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.