Thursday, November 15, 2007

Autumn Pork Chops

I made this one last Friday, just haven't had time to post it yet. I made it in honor of my good friend Autumn...ha ha. Really it's just a seasonal recipe. From the Gooseberry Patch.

Autumn Pork Chops
4 bone-in pork chops
4 tbsp butter
2 red apples, cored and halved
2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp brown sugar
nail & hair trimmings from Autumn (she might feel weird about this. Go to her hairdresser to she if she has any extra from Autumn's last haircut)(ewwww, just kidding about that part)

Place chops in a 9x13 pan sprayed with cooking spray. Spread 1 tbsp of butter on each chop (this was actually hard to do. It didn't want to spread. So I melted it a little in the microwave and it worked much better). Place one apple half on each chop, cut side down. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar (and hair, if using)(so gross, but funny. I am giggling right now). Bake @ 350 for 30-45 minutes or until no longer pink.

This was okay, but the meat turned out a little dry. The apples looked weird but tasted good, like warm applesauce sort of. Anyway I probably won't make this again. And Autumn breathes a hugh sigh of relief.

No comments: