Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pork Schnitzel

Snow bells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles....Whoever knew what schnitzel was in that song? Come to find out it's basically fried pork chops, but so good. This one is also from Gooseberry Patch. I used 8 pork chops and gave half to the Hinchliffe's since I was making them dinner last night in honor of baby David. I don't know if they liked it or not, but we all loved it. The pork was so moist and yummy. The last few times I have made pork chops they have been so dry. So anyway enough jibber jabber, here's the recipe....

Pork Schnitzel
6 1/2 inch thick boneless pork chops
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup bread crumbs (plain)
3 tbsp oil

Pound chops between 2 pieces of waxed paper til 1/8 inch thick (I didn't do this, I just left them as they were, and I had bought "thin sliced," and they came out fine). Season both sides of chops with salt (I forgot to do this step but they were still fabulous). In a shallow bowl whisk egg and milk together. In a second bowl combine bread crumbs and flour (I so could have used those Pampered Chef trays for this, Jess). Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then coat w/ crumb mixture. Heat oil in 12 inch skillet. Fry chops for 3 minutes on each side. Then I put them on paper towels to soak up some oil, but it didn't say to do that. Serve while hot.

So those Swiss/German people really know what they're talking about. No wonder it was one of Frauline Maria's favorite things. This is definitely a make again, and I love that besides the pork chops, you don't have to buy anything. All this stuff I always have. So you guys should try this one for sure.

No comments: