Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cherry Chocolate Pie

I made this for a little scrapbooking get together Autumn had on Friday at her house. Steve is dieting and I am trying to watch what I eat, although I will not call it dieting because then it doesn't work for me. So my new strategy is to make things like this for get togethers, and then we only eat a little of it and not the whole thing. This one is from S&D Jan/Feb 2009.

Cherry Chocolate Pie
11 large marshmallows
1/3 cup milk
3 oz milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
8 oz frozen cool whip, thawed and divided
1 graham cracker pie crust
1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling

In a large saucepan, combine the marshmallows, milk, and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Cool completely. Fold 3/4 cup cool whip into chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Top with pie filling and remaining cool whip. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. 8 servings.

So I only refrigerated this for about 2 hours before we ate it, and it was fine. A bit goopy, perhaps, but still fine. I actually didn't have any of this yet because I have not been feeling so great for the past few days, but it got rave reviews. Steve has had two pieces. At the scrapbooking thing were 3 pregnant girls, all of whom ate it. One pregnant girl whom I will not single out had 2 pieces. And this is one who wouldn't eat a donut one time when I brought her one because she was trying to cut back. So this must be good. There is some left, I might have some after lunch today before I go to work but I'm not sure. So anyway I'm definitely keeping this recipe.

No comments: