Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dijon Crumb Chicken

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! What with the 2 holidays back to back followed by Emma's birthday, I have a bit of backlog of recipes built up that I need to post. I will start in reverse order. This is what we had for supper last night...it's from Simple & Delicious Nov/Dec 2008.

Dijon Crumb Chicken
2 eggs
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
3 tbsp vegetable oil

In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and mustard. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, onion powder, and garlic powder (I put these in my interlocking PC coating trays that I got at my party. For free). Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness (I used plastic wrap and my PC pounding tool. I think I paid for that one though). Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then coat with the crumb mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is golden brown, turning once. 4 servings.

This was pretty tasty. Emma took a bite and said "Mommy, I like the meat you made." Score!! It looked yummy and golden brown, just like it says. If you don't like dijon mustard you could try prepared honey mustard. I might do that next. I think that plain mustard would be too strong. But this one I will keep, but I will try a different mustard next time.

No comments: