Monday, December 29, 2008

Beefy Tomato Rice Skillet

We had this last week, on Christmas Eve eve, but with all the stuff I've had to do between now and then, I haven't had a chance to post it! I did have the leftovers over the weekend while I was at work, so it made a lot of food and the leftovers were good, too. It's from S&D Nov/Dec 2008.

Beefy Tomato Rice Skillet
1 pound ground beef
1 cup chopped celery
2/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper (I left this out because Sam hates them)
1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1 cup water
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 cup uncooked instant rice

In a lg skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, celery, onion, and pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add the corn, soup, water, and italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 10 minutes or until rice is tender. 6 servings

So this was quite easy to make. It wasn't fabulous, nothing to write home about, really. It's a lot like the goulash I already make, except all the kids will eat that. Not so with this, since it has rice. Sam did eat his and say it was good, but I didn't even attempt with the other two. They just had chicken nuggets, and I'm pretty sure Nathan is about to turn into one.

No comments: