Monday, December 22, 2008

Party Time Mini Cheeseburgers

Well we were not having a party, in spite of the name. We had these for lunch yesterday, served with yummy tater tots. I thought the kids would think these were cute and fun, and I still don't really have a good meatball recipe either so I thought I would try these. It's from S&D Sept/Oct 2008.

Party Time Mini Cheeseburgers
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp dill pickle relish (we didn't have this so I left it out)
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 tsp mustard
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 pound ground beef
3 slices American cheese
10 dinner rolls, split

In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 patties. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, using small cookie cutters, cut out 10 shapes from the cheese slices. Immediately place on burgers; serve on rolls. 10 servings.

So Steve ate 4 of these (they're just little). Sam wanted 2 but could only eat one (that's how Steve ended up eating 4...he started out with 3). I ate 2, Emma ate 1!! A victory. These were a bit hard to cook, they didn't really stay together that well in the pan. Also that little tiny piece of cheese wasn't enough even though the burgers were small, so each person had like 3-4 shapes on theirs, but they did have fun cutting their own shapes. But I'm not keeping this one because I wasn't crazy about the mixture, and I can make little burgers any time I want. But you might like it, I don't know.

No comments: