Saturday, March 6, 2010

Blonde Brownies

I made these last night for home fellowship at Tom & Becky's. It's from the Job Corps cookbook again. Only one more recipe out of this one to go...This is the second time I have made some type of brownie for home fellowship. People are going to think I don't know how to make anything else...but I had to work last night so I didn't have time to think about or make something more elaborate...brownies, even from scratch, don't really take that long to make, as compared to cookies or whatever. So here we have more brownies...

Blonde Brownies
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup butter or margarine
2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup chopped nuts, optional (I left these out...nobody in my family likes nuts, although I do sometimes, but I guess not really in brownies...we are nutty enough already hee hee)

Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Melt butter in saucepan and add brown sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture gradually, mixing well. Spread into 13 x 9 pan (it will be thick). Sprinkle with chips and nuts. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cool in pan and cut into squares.

So I actually haven't eaten one of these yet. Steve brought them to the Hinchliffe's last night, and brought 3 small ones home, which must be a pretty good sign if most of them got eaten. My friend Becky said of them: "Thank you for the yummy goodies! They were sooooo good!" (via facebook). So that is positive feedback. And Steve said they were very good too. So I will keep this one.

No comments: