Monday, March 8, 2010

Onion Crescent Crunch Sticks

We had these yesterday for lunch with goulash (which some of you might call chop suey, but we call goulash). They were quite good. This is the last recipe from the Job Corps cookbook. I like any recipe with french fried onions, that's why we tried this one. Normally I do not care overly much for Pillsbury refrigerated anything (except the cinnamon rolls). The dough just seems to have a weird aftertaste or something. But these were very very good. These made a lot for our little family, but it would be great as an appetizer or to bring to a pot luck or something.

Onion Crescent Crunch Sticks
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp flour
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp onion salt
1 8 oz can crescent dinner rolls
2 2.8 oz cans french fried onions, crushed (I bought one big can so I could eat the rest)

Combine eggs, butter, flour, parsley, and salts. Unroll crescent rolls. Separate dough into 4 rectangles, pressing perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle crosswise into 8 strips. Dip each strip into egg mixture. Coat with crushed onions. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.

So like I said, these were good. Nathan didn't try them ("I don't like bwead sticks") but the kids really liked them and Steve and I did, too. The challenge here was not to eat too many of them. I love the french fried onions. Now I have an appetizer recipe using them, also a main dish (onion cruch chicken or some such thing) and I also have a side dish recipe with them (something about mashed potatoes, I can't remember what it's called). So if I wanted I could have a full meal using these delicious things. Mmmmmmmmm.

No comments: