Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cordon Bleu Appetizers

I have had this recipe marked for a while but have not had a good venue to make it. So if you read the last post (Butterhorns) that I did, you will see that tonight seemed like a good night to roll them out. Figuratively speaking, of course. This is from Taste of Home Feb/March '09. Yep, an old one. It's one of the magazines Jessica gave me when I was laid up.

Cordon Bleu Appetizers
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 cup (4 oz) shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 cup fully cooked diced ham
1/2 cup minced chives, divided
18 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Stir in the Swiss cheese, ham, and 1/4 cup chives. Spread 1 tbsp mixture over each bread slice; place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with remaining chives.

So these were pretty good. The cheese didn't get very melty, I thought it would spread over the bread better but it just stayed where I put it...also my chunks of ham were kind of big, so if I made this again I would cut the ham up smaller. Nathan and Emma didn't try them, but everyone else did. I got no negative feedback. These looked pretty nice on the tray too.

2 comments:

kelizzle/johnnyred said...

John loves Chicken cordon Blue so i will try this out minus the chicken.

NewRecipeNight said...

You're going to leave out the chicken??? Maybe you meant chives...