Thursday, August 5, 2010

Onion-Baked Pork Chops

This is one of the last 2 things I have marked to try out of that Lipton cookbook I found. We had this tonight along with a hot potato salad recipe that I will post separately, for the sake of labeling. I pretty much love that onion soup mix. I don't think I've ever made anything with it that I haven't liked. It is pretty salty, but that's still okay for us.

Onion-Baked Pork Chops
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs
4 pork chops (I used boneless)
1 egg, well beaten


Preheat oven to 400. In small bowl, combine soup mix and bread crumbs. Dip chops in egg, then bread crumb mixture, until evenly coated. In lightly greased 13x9 baking or roasting pan, arrange chops. Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until done, turning once. 4 servings.



They have a "tip" afterward that says you can use other Lipton soup mixes besides this one, such as Onion, Savory Herb with Garlic, or Fiesta Herb with Red Pepper Soup Mix.

Emma ate all her meat without me having to say anything. Nathan was a different story. He doesn't like his "chicken" to have any "yuckies" on it. But, we made him eat it anyway. Nothing bad happened. Steve and I both liked it. The pork chops were very moist, which is nice because sometimes pork can be rather dry, at least when I make it. The breading must have sealed in the flavor. So not bad.

No comments: