Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Best Banana Bread

My sister-in-law sent me this recipe the other day, and I happened to have over-ripe bananas today, so I decided to try it. Also I've never made banana bread in a bundt pan, so I tried that, too. She said she developed this recipe herself. So recipe credit goes to Dawn =o)

Best Banana Bread
1 stick unsalted butter (ok if you only have salted)(which I do)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2-3 very brown bananas
2 eggs
1-2 tsp vanilla (I used 1 tsp because I used vanilla yogurt)
1/2 cup sour milk, plain or vanilla yogurt, or sour cream
2 cups flour (I used 1 cup white and 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup nuts, optional (I used mini chocolate chips. The kids are so used to chocolate chips in their banana bread that they might rebel if I did not include them)

Blend sugars and butter together until creamy. Add bananas until well blended. Add eggs, vanilla, and yogurt and stir to combine. Add dry ingredients and mix for about 2 minutes. Bake in 2 greased loaf pans or greased bundt pan at 350 for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes back clean.

This batter was creamier than my usual banana bread batter, which came from a Betty Crocker cookbook. And once it was done and cooled, the kids and I cut into it. Nathan said he didn't want any, because he thinks he doesn't like banana bread. But the rest of us really liked it. The texture was perfect. We always put butter on our banana bread slices, and we did this time too, but I bet you wouldn't have to and it would still be really good. I already put this banana bread recipe in the spot my old one used to be in and threw my old one out. You should definitely try it.

1 comment:

Dawn The Sister-in-Law said...

woot-woot