Sunday, August 26, 2012

Grilled Breakfast Sandwiches

This is my second recipe from Back of the Box Cooking.  This is a recipe I feel like I should have been able to make up on my own, without a recipe.  The featured ingredient here is cinnamon raisin bread.  I did not have to buy this to make the recipe, because I had some in the freezer already (because I go to the Friehofer Bakery Outlet every 2 or 3 months to stock up on bagels, english muffins, emergency bread (store bought bread I only use when I have fallen behind in my bread machine bread making, or when the bread machine breaks and I have to wait a long time to get another one), and maybe some donuts...

Grilled Breakfast Sandwiches
2 tbsp butter, softened
8 slices cinnamon raisin swirl bread
4 slices cheese (we used Swiss I had left over from another recipe)
16 thin slices Granny Smith apple (I was able to get enough from just one apple)
4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, cut in half (and one piece of breakfast sausage if your husband doesn't like bacon)

Make these like you're making grilled cheese sandwiches.  I could give you the long explanation that the recipe gives you, but I think we all know how to make grilled cheese.

Very good.  Very very good.  Easy.  Like I said, I feel like I should have been able to think of that without someone having to tell me.  But I can't think of everything, I guess.  We had these with scrambled eggs.  Definitely a delicious easy meal.  Which we had for supper even though it's breakfast food.

No comments: