Thursday, August 9, 2012

Grilled Romaine with Swiss

We had this with the Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Sauce, which I will post separately.  Both recipes are from Simple & Delicious.  We had this Tuesday night, which was a very zombie night for me, but Steve did most of the hard work; all I did was get everything ready.  I knew the little kids wouldn't like this, I didn't even give them any.  So I halved this recipe and Steve, Sam, and I split it.

Grilled Romaine with Swiss
2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
1 tbsp olive oil
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/3 cup prepared raspberry vinaigrette dressing
1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/3 cup chopped walnuts

Brush romaine with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Grill for 30 seconds on each side.  Transfer to platter; drizzle with dressing.  Sprinkle with cheese, cherries, and walnuts.

This was so good!  I knew it would be when I saw the picture.  Of course this recipe only makes sense to make if you are already using the grill, because it would be silly to heat the grill up to cook for only 60 seconds.  We will definitely have this again, but next time I am going to use pecans and shredded parmesan.  Yummy yummy.

No comments: