Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Peanut Butter Oreo Brownie Cups

I don't really know what to call these.  I saw a picture of it on facebook that a friend had shared, and the title and the recipe were in German.  But it looked fairly self-explanatory.  I was going to wait and make them for home fellowship, but Steve really wanted them sooner, so I made them on Monday for his birthday dessert.  He was very happy, except for the fact that he had to share with so many people.  Ha just kidding he was very gracious about it.  Due to the German nature of it, I had to make up my own proportions, so I will share with you what I did.

Peanut Butter Oreo Brownie Cups
1 pkg Oreo cookies (not double stuf)
1/2 cup-1 cup peanut butter (I didn't really measure this, just dipped my knife repeatedly into the jar)
1 pkg brownie mix, 13x9 size

Grease 18 muffin cups with shortening (my mom and I discussed that cooking spray wouldn't do the job on this one, the sides look too fragile, and you don't want any part of it sticking.  So I greased with shortening and they came out very easily).  Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on top of an Oreo.  Top with a second Oreo and spread that one with peanut butter, too.  Place in the center of a muffin cup.  Repeat with remaining Oreos (your children will be mad that there are none leftover, but it's not your fault they come in packages of 36, which is exactly how many you need).

Mix brownie mix by package directions.  Using a cookie scoop, if you have one, or an ice cream scoop, drop spoonfuls of brownie batter on top of each oreo pile, allowing it to drip down the sides.  You might have to add a bit of extra batter to get full coverage, but I didn't have to for most of them.  Bake at 375 for 12-16 minutes, or until the tops start to dry out and look "done" like a brownie would.  Allow to cool completely in muffin tins before removing to Tupperware storage container.

I didn't use all the batter, I had enough left to mix in a few peanut butter chips and put in my very smallest baking dish.  It made a fairly large brownie which the boys split, making them feel slightly better about getting no Oreos. 

These were so good.  Very rich.  I couldn't eat all mine, so Steve got 1 1/2.  Everyone said they were good.  And I agree.  We'll definitely have these again, I'm sure.

No comments: