Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Honey Mustard Potato Salad

Well, I looked and apparently I have never posted this recipe before.  So I will tonight.  It was in my recipe database (the 21st century version of my "keeper book") so that means we've liked it in the past.  I had a few potatoes left over from a recipe last week, so this is what I made to go along with the pork tenderloin recipe we had tonight.  I never even wrote down where this recipe came from.  So I have no idea who to give credit to.  If it was you, let me know and I'll add my source ;)

Ok I will just remind you all that I hate mayo.  So so much.  I feel like if I was a spy, I would spill all the secrets if threatened with mayo.  There is no mayo in my house.  If people are coming over for like sandwiches or something, I tell them to bring their own if they're going to want it, and send it right back home with them when they leave.  If I am looking through a new cookbook, I will not even take a recipe seriously if it calls for mayo.  I am not interested in subbing Miracle Whip (blech blech blech), Greek yogurt (which I also think is gross), or sour cream (another gross thing, but I will use it as an ingredient, NEVER as a condiment).  So therefore I have 3 recipes that are called potato salads that do not have mayo.  Also it's a public service because you can't bring mayo to a picnic or a potluck or it will spoil.  I'm just thinking of others here.  This one is really really tasty.

Honey Mustard Potato Salad
1 ½ lbs red potatoes, quarted and cooked
¼ cup honey
¼ cup mustard
1 cup sliced celery
½ cup chopped red pepper
2 tbsp chopped green onions
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Mix honey, mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.  Place all remaining ingredients in a bowl and drizzle with honey mustard dressing.  Stir gently to combine.


See how easy?  And it's really good.  The last time I made this, the kids didn't like it.  Today, Emma helped me make it and said it was really good (it was).  The youngest still did not like it, he only had 2 small bites.  But we are making progress with him.  You guys should save this one for your summer bbq's and throw your mayo right in the garbage.  You could be saving a person.

No comments: