Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

We had this for supper last night, it was quite good. I couldn't find boneless skinless chicken thighs, only bony and skin-y ones, and I hate to de-skin chicken, so I just used boneless skinless chicken breasts. I buy the frozen ones, so I defrosted 3 and cut them into the size of chicken thighs, and just did the rest as usual. This is the last one from Kraft Food & Family spring 2008.

Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
1 onion, sliced
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 french bread baguette, 16 to 20 inches long (about 10 oz)(I just used hamburger buns and it was fine. They were whole wheat ones, though)
4 slices of cheese

Cook chicken and onions in skillet on medium-high heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add barbecue sauce, water, and brown sugar, stir. Reduce heat to medium; cover. Cook an additional 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet. Shred chicken with 2 forks or chop into small pieces (I used my PC food chopper. I love that thing). Return to skillet, stir until evenly coated with sauce. Cut baguette crosswise into 4 pieces. Cut each piece lengthwise in half. Fill with chicken mixture and slice of cheese. 4 sandwiches.

So this was quite yummy. We have had BBQ chicken sandwiches before, but I liked the addition of onions to it. I think Mom would, too. Hee hee. Emma didn't really like hers, but the rest of us thought it was really good. I'm taking the leftovers tonight. Not Steve.

No comments: