Monday, May 5, 2008

Simple Layered Fiesta Salad

So this one I got from Kraft Food & Family spring 2008...when I saw the recipe I thought it would be good to bring to scrapbooking, because it seems like something that our family wouldn't like for a meal but would be good for a potluck or something like it. So I brought it on Saturday to Autumn's house for scrapbooking...

Simple Layered Fiesta Salad
6 cups torn romaine lettuce (those bags of lettuce that are prewashed and cut are 6 cups...how convenient)
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained (I only used half of a can because it seemed like so much...it was still too much for Jessica)
1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup Kraft natural 3 cheese crumbles
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 oz tortilla chips

Place lettuce in the bottom of glass serving bowl or or serving platter. Layer evenly with beans, corn, chicken, salsa, and cheese. Drizzle with dressing; top with chips.

So, this was pretty good. I made it in the morning, like at 8:00, then we ate it around 12:00. The chips got pretty soggy, and by the time I had the leftovers the next day at work, they were practically dissolved. So I guess this isn't really a make ahead thing, or a leftover thing. But besides that it was pretty good. I'm saving this one for other get-together-y things. But I'm sure I won't make it for home, since my offspring do not like weird things like this. =)

No comments: