Monday, April 28, 2008

Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon & Cheese

This is what we had with our ribs yesterday. It's from the Spring 2008 of Kraft Food & Family.

Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon & Cheese
1/2 cup light ranch dressing
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup real bacon bits
2 lb small red potatoes, quartered (mine weren't small, so I like sixteenthed them)
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (I skipped that. I don't have to put on airs for J&J)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix dressing, cheese, and bacon bits in a large bowl. Add potatoes; toss lightly. Spoon into lightly greased 13x9 baking dish; cover with foil. Bake 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake an additional 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinke with parsley.

So, I used more than 2 lbs of potatoes, so I used a little bit more dressing and cheese. I think this may have made the potatoes a touch too soupy. But they were still good. Even picky Jon ate them (being picky is not a bad thing. After all, he picked Jessi). I thought by the picture they would look like something everyone would eat. But when they were a little too soupy, I was like, uh-oh, Jon won't like these. But, he did! And he had seconds so he wasn't just being polite. And, Jess said she was going to print the recipe and make it. Which would mark the first time she has made something from my blog. We'll see if she actually follows through.

No comments: